Sunday, March 24, 2013

Life at Random

My life recently...

- Finally completed my primary set! The little blue was one of my first ever Pyrex scores, which means it was probably under $2. Last summer, my parents found the yellow & green at a garage sale for $3 for both. Last week I found the red for $1.99 at my local Red Racks. This brings my total to $7. Yay!


- Scored one of my most-wanted Pyrex pieces! I'm sure others out there have their "must-have" list, right? My #1 is a complete Spirograph, #2 Mod Kitchen, #3 New Dots set (good luck to me, right? Haha!) Well, cross off that #2! I scored this Mod Kitchen last week for a wee bit more than what I'd normally pay, but...c'mon, it was my #2! $19 for this beauty! I figured the best way to break it in was to use it. Here she is, fresh out of the oven with stuffed shells.


- Helped my momma yesterday bake for a church fundraiser. Can we just take a moment and look at how adorable my mother, Ace, is?!


We made so many cupcakes!

#1: Drumstick

Chocolate cake stuffed with chocolate buttercream & waffle cone pieces, topped with chocolate buttercream, waffle cone pieces, walnuts, and chocolate drizzle

#2: Dirt & Worms

Chocolate cake rolled in chocolate ganache, topped with chocolate buttercream, oreo crumbles, gummy worms, and a mini Oreo

#3) Peeps

Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream, topped with Sixlets, sprinkles, and a Peep

#4) Lemon (My personal fave!)

Lemon cake topped with lemon buttercream, candy pearls, and a Lemonhead

- Found this little guy at a local flea market - and although it made me chuckle, I didn't bring it home:


- Practiced my "wedding hair"! I'm getting married in ELEVEN DAYS. Holy canoly! It's a very non-traditional Vegas wedding (yes...Elvis will be there) with our immediate family only (large reception with extended family/friends to follow back home.) I'm wearing a birdcage veil made by one of my very best friends, and I'm thinking wearing my hair down in a long vintage wave like so:


Thanks for tuning in to my chaotic ramblings!

xoxo,

2 comments:

  1. Woo ho on your primary set! What a steal! All of those cupcakes look delicious and so gorgeous. You guys are great at decorating them. And your hair will look great too! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Wishes for your upcoming wedding!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete